The construction of the Abbot Palace dates from 1781, the year in which the Abbot Esteban Lorenzo de Mendoza and Gática carried out the rebuilding of an old manor house. Currently it is the headquarters of the Archaeological Museum of the city and Interpretation Center of Alcalá la Real, as well as the Pep Ventura Elementary Music Conservatory.
The façade, in a neoclassical style, is influenced by French baroque, reflected in the mansards, and Italian, recognizable by the curved lines of the balcony and the prominent eaves of the roof, under which the Abbot’s shield is placed. Inside there is a cloistered courtyard with three open rooms and twelve columns.
The museum has four rooms, which collect the most important aspects of the history of Alcalá la Real from Prehistory to the Middle Ages. Noteworthy are the collections relating to the Roman site of the Domus Herculana and the Tesorillo de Ermita Nueva. treasury of the X.